Sunday, December 14, 2008

Tim's Christmas Party

Last night was Hubby's Christmas party. The company that he works for did not have one this year, so his boss had one at his house for his employee's. It was a great party.

The theme of the party was ugly sweater, but most of us didn't dress up. I didn't have one, and Hubby wouldn't wear his even if he had one. Not that many people came, but the ones that did had a great time. I enjoyed it myself. I didn't know them when I went, but I felt like I belonged two seconds after walking in the door. Each time someone new would arrive, Hubby's boss would introduce us and he would remember our names every single time. I was even forgetting them, but he didn't not once!

The winner of the sweater contest was a guy that I had met before. When he arrived, he told us the story of how he ended up with this particular shirt. He called his mother and told her to get up in the attic and find the ugliest sweater she could find. It was poinsettias outlined in glitter and smelled of moth balls and Hugo cologne. His wife said it was even hard to ride in the car because he smelled so strongly of moth balls. The prize he won was a beautiful potted poinsettia, and I don't think it could have been more perfect. It matched his 'lovely' sweater.

I opted not to attend my work Christmas party this year. I find it hard to socialize with the people I work with when I have to, so I decided I wouldn't when I didn't have to. Mean aren't I!

Are you having a party this year?

No comments: