Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day '09

We had a very wonderful day. Hubby and I started by having lunch at his Mom's. We bought her two candles. They are made by Paula Deen and they smelled good enough to eat! She didn't cook for us because it was her day so instead we had KFC's new grilled Chicken. Hubby was quite impressed, but I didn't even try it. I am not a big chicken on the bone person...ha!

Next, we spent the evening at my mom's. She mentioned she wanted a new desk chair, so Hubby and I planned to purchase one. After realizing all the different types they have, I decided it would be best to let her pick it out. So instead we bought her a card and I drew her a chair and told her we owed her one of them. She was surprised and laughed at me for it.

I have to add.. I am oh so very blessed to have these two women in my life. My mom is the most supportive person ever, and I would not be who I am if it wasn't for her. She takes very good care of me still and I love her dearly. My Mother in Law is the best as well. She has done so much for us since we have been married and I don't think I could have asked for a better in law!

To end our day, we came home, I popped popcorn, and we sat and watched The Unit season finale. That is by far our favorite show!

3 comments:

Taryn said...

The KFC chicken is amazing. It tastes just like chicken my parents used to make. sigh.

Pam said...

I was wondering how that grilled chicken was. I'm not big on bone-in chicken either. It creeps me out.

He & Me + 3 said...

I too love my MIL. it is a blessing to have a great relationship with our MIL's.