Monday, June 15, 2009

7 years ago today....

I married my best friend. The man who makes me laugh, the one who I adore, and the one who makes the bigger mess. Since its our anniversary, and I saw E do this, I thought I would tell you the story of us. From the first date until we were married.

How we met...

I met him thru a mutual friend. I was single. I had been in a relationship all through high school and I don't remember if I was really looking for a relationship when we were set up. I was given his phone number and told if I was interested to call him. The first phone call was interesting to say the least. You know the small talk stuff. Finally we decided that we would meet up where I worked and talk. It was POURING down rain when he arrived there at the time I got off. Neither of us wanted to get wet so he decided he would follow me home to my parents house. They were/are pretty strict where I am concerned so my mom made me sit on the couch downstairs and talk. It was really hard to get to know him so we didn't talk that much that night.

Our first date was with friends to TGI Friday's. I knew it was going to be love from the moment he rolled up his sleeves and dug into the bbq ribs. I knew he would fit in just fine with my family. My friends adored him and so did I. Unfortunately, we hit a snag that next week and he decided that he wasn't going to call me. I was the girl in the relationship and I was not about to call him.

Stay tuned for the rest......

3 comments:

Magnolia Sun said...

Happy Anniversary!

Emily said...

I had no idea how you and Tim first met or how you guys first started talking.. I know it was through Kellie, but didn't know how it all begin.

He & Me + 3 said...

I love to be continued stories...you know i will be back to read the rest. My parents were really strict too:)