Thursday, March 4, 2010

Thursday Thirteen -- My Favorite Places



1. Home – my home is by far my favorite place ever. It took a while for my house to feel like home, but now I can’t imagine my life anywhere else.




2. My Parents – Everytime I go to their house, I feel free. I feel happy. I feel at home. I grew up there and everytime I return it still feels the same. I get the best sleep when I am at their house. ( I can't find a picture of their house on my computer sorry!)


3. Key West – I love this place too. We visited there and it was amazing. The people were friendly, but boy was it hot!






4. Bahamas – I love love love the Bahamas. We visited Freeport in August of last year and we will be returning in April. It has the most beautiful water.  I could go on and on and on about the water at  this place.  So much so that it deserves TWO pictures in this list.


5. Grand Cayman – The very first cruise that ♥T and I went on was here. I had the best time. The turtle farm was amazing and the rum factory was great too.


6. Cozumel, Mexico – Lovely place. Not my favorite, but I liked it.  I did not like being a tourist here.  They never left you alone to buy things, however the beauty of the water made up for all of that! (By the way, this is the best picture I have ever taken personally.  I waited and waited for the water to crash on the rocks and I took it right at the perfect time.  ♥T was quite impressed with my photo skills :) )



7.  Myrtle Beach -- I love Myrtle Beach, but prefer a less popular place to vacation.  Not my most favorite place, but still beautiful.







8.  Gatlinburg, Tennessee -- This is where ♥T proposed to me and it will forever be important to me.  I love visiting there.  However, since I work there and I have to fight the traffic on a daily basis, visiting doesn't happen quite as often.







9. Edisto Beach, South Carolina -- I was born in Orangeburg, so Edisto is not that far.  We visit there a lot when we visit family.  Its less popular than Myrtle, but just as pretty.

10.  Savannah, Georgia -- ♥T and I visited there before we were married with former friends of ours.  It was great.  I have been several times and have enjoyed each trip.  I can't wait to make it back there.

11. Charleston, South Carolina -- this was the last place I visited with my brother.  I miss him terribly and I will forever have those memories of us there.

12.  Monticello, Georgia -- This place will forever hold a special place in my heart.  ♥T and I moved there on year into our marriage.  We grew up a lot in that place. We moved there for a job and it was the best decision we ever made.  I am very happy to be back home in Tennessee, but Georgia will always be on my mind.

and last but not least... this one was the hardest, but thinking about it.. it should have been the easiest.
13.  My favorite place to be...in the SOUTH.   

2 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I love being in the south too, but alas I am stuck in the North. :)

Hilary said...

Yay!! My hometown is on that list!!