Wednesday, December 21, 2011

4 day.. and counting

In four days it will be Christmas!  Lots of family events are planned for the weekend, but for now the house is calm and quiet!  Hubby is on the road, but he is on his way slowly (at 64 mph, at most) headed toward home.  He should be here on Friday.

I spent the week making candy to share with my friends and family.  I made Southern pecan fudge and chocolate turtles.  They both turned out very well and I can't wait to share them with everyone. I attempted to make peanut butter roll, and that was a major flop.  After turning everything in my kitchen -- including myself -- into a sugar coated mess, I gave up and trashed the entire thing.  I've heard people say that you can't make candy when its suppose to rain, or if its raining.  Next time, I will listen!  I will share photo's of the goodies once I have them in the decorative tins that I plan to give them away in.

Time to watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation -- a V Family must!

No comments: