Thursday, May 28, 2009

Music

What kind of music do you like?

I am a true southern girl and I love my country music. I am a big fan, even when no one around me seems to want to listen. The reason I am blogging about this is mainly because last night I watched George Strait being honored for his major accomplishments in the business of country music. I am a huge huge fan. It takes me back to my childhood.

Every Saturday morning my mom would get up and clean house. She would turn on music and usually it was George Strait. Listening to other singers last night sing his songs brought back so many memories. It was neat to sit and think back to the first time I heard those songs, and how much they mean to me.

6 comments:

"M" said...

I like country too. Kenny is a favorite...I've seen him in concert 3 years in a row.

He & Me + 3 said...

I love country too but mostly listen to Christian contemporary music and worship music.

Emily said...

Country is alright and I like a lot of it, but on the radio they always want to play those honky tonk songs and I hate those!!!

Queen of the Misfits said...

I love it too!!

Pam said...

I'm a rocker girl and I hold an affection for the old 80s hair bands, classic rock, and 80s pop. I also went through a big grunge phase in college and couldn't get enough of Eddie Vedder.
On the flip side, I also love Harry Connick Jr., Michael Buble, and Jamie Cullum.

Taryn said...

I like pretty much everything but country and jazz. please don't hate me.

I actually love hip-hop. = ) I'm sure you would have guessed that one though. haha