Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Don't talk to Strangers


You know how when you are little and your mom tells you.. Don't talk to strangers? Well I didn't listen to her.

Have you ever been in a store and someone will speak to you about something being overpriced and you casually talk back to them. Something similiar happened to me and I was soooo wishing I had kept my mouth shut, nodded, and walked away. But did I? ... nope!

On Saturday, I ran down the road to our local Blockbuster to return some movies and redeem the free ones we were owed. I was walking around reading the titles minding my own business. I got down the aisle to 'Paul Blart~>Mall Cop' and there was this young guy standing there. He was dressed in his full motorcycle gear with his helmet in his hand. He picked up the movie and busted out laughing. Not quietly, but not horribly loud either. I looked in his direction and he spoke. He said " I don't know why, but looking at that picture makes me laugh" and silly me, I spoke back.

Me: That is a good movie.
Cycle Guy: Really, I have been wanting to see it.

(I spoke AGAIN!)

Me: Yeah, its funny.
Cycle Guy: Thanks! I love his tv show.

(why didn't I run then when I had the chance?!?! )

Cycle Guy: Do you like stand up comedy?

( huh? is he still talking to me? I turned around just in time to be face to face with him.
Darn it!... he is talking to me!)

Me: Yeah
Cycle Guy: I really love Kat Williams! (grinning ear to ear!)
Me: Yes, he is funny.

I turned to walk away, realizing what I had done...he followed. He was behind me all thru the store, repeating things from Kat Williams stand up. He told me about 5 different things he remembered. He didn't tell me the short version. He went into detail!! I finally got away from him (what seemed like 20 mins later!) and walked (fast!) to the other side of the store and watched for him to leave. I heard him talking to several other people, so I wasn't his only story hostage.

Don't get me wrong, he was very nice. The only thing that was hard for me, was he was right up in my face. He was in my personal space. He would also slap my arm right when he got to the punch line of his stories. I might be bruised!

Moral of the story, beware of strangers. Our parents do (sometimes!!) know what they are talking about.

4 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Goodness! Thats so funny. I'm telling your momma!

I can't believe he was touching you. Freak!

Maybe he was lonely.

He & Me + 3 said...

That was funny. YOu are right don't talk to strangers more than Hi!

Mrs.D said...

That was funny, I needed a good laugh.

Pam said...

That's funny! Yeah, for some reason I get people who want to chat with me in stores like that. Sometimes it's okay and other times it's just bizarre and uncomfortable.