Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Your First Car

Today at lunch we had a really interesting conversation about our first cars. I am quite proud (not!) of my first car. First, you have to agree to tell me about yours if I tell you about mine. Deal? Good!

My very first car was a 1992 Geo Storm. It was blue, not a pretty blue, but blue. It had a radio that worked some of the time. You had to make sure you turned the volume down while it was working or else when you were driving and it come on you might have a heart attack. It did not have power windows, and the handle to roll the driver side down was stripped so we had a pair of pliers attached at all times. (Redneck much?!)
It had an oil leak somewhere, and somehow it would leak into my front drivers side floor. I could not have regular floor mats. I had to have plastic so it didn't soak thru and get on my clothes. The only good thing was it had a killer air conditioner, it would freeze you to death.

After that car I have had a 2002 Mercury Cougar that I loved, a 2003 Ford Explorer that I grew to hate, and presently my '07 Fusion that I drive like I stole. I love love love my car. Hubby never drives it, but he doesn't complain. He is quite happy with his '03 F-250.

What was your first car? What do you drive now?

4 comments:

Emily said...

I totally remember the pliers on the handle. Good times!!!

Mine was of course a 90 Chevy Cavalier. Should have kept that thing then maybe I would of had more money!

Pam said...

1) My first I acquired from my mom and dad as it was car that had been in our family. I drive a 1980Buick Skylark from high school through college.
2) After graduation, I bought a 1989 Mazda MX6 (used). It was black and had a sunroof. I consider it my first real car. I drove it everywhere! I had that car from 1995 until 2002.
3) In 2002, we finally let go of the Mazda and got a 2002 Nissan Altima, which is what I still drive today. It's black too.

Pam said...

great post by the way. I may do this idea on my blog.

He & Me + 3 said...

My first car was a Pontiac Grand Le Mans. Don't even know the year of it...maybe an 81. Yikes I am showing my age.
i now drive a paid off chevy mini van it is a 2001 but I will drive it til it dies because it is paid off:)