Monday, June 8, 2009

Weekend Update

As per usual, I will catch you all up on the weekend happenings.

Friday was a long long boring day at work. As you know we are training and that is an adventure. No fun what so ever. Since I still work there and there is always the chance that someone might find my blog, I guess I better keep my opinions to myself... but come July 2nd, all bets are off. Anyway...after work, I ran home and picked up my engagement ring. I had to take it to the jeweler where we purchased it. The other day while I was at dinner with E, I realized that one of the prongs that holds the center diamond in was broken. It would have been too easy for the diamond to fall out and I didn't want to take that chance. I had to leave it (boo!) and will pick it up on Wednesday. Its only going to cost me $27 to have it fixed which is much much less than I expected. I feel completely naked without it.

Saturday was a fun day. I got up at about 10 and cleaned a little bit before getting ready to spend the evening with my work girls. We made plans to watch "He's just not that into you" and veg out in front of the tv. Turns out we had to have the kids there with us, which was fun. They are so much entertainment. They both have 2 year olds and they are so funny together. One is a girl, Baby C, and one is a boy, Baby K. We ate and ate, but luckily it was food that was good for us. We have veggies, fruits, and uhum... dirt cake(courtesy of me!). We were there for about five hours trying to watch a two hour movie.
(I do recommend you watch it, it was very true and very funny!!)

Sunday was a busy day for us. We had breakfast at my parents(bacon, country ham, eggs, and fried potatoes) and dinner at Outback. Both meals were wonderful, but I have to say that nothing compares to my mommy's cooking.

My Uncle is at home, like I said before, and doing pretty well. He is still having a hard time adjusting to not being able to do much for himself. He is still weak, and they have not set up therapy for him to make his muscles stronger. That makes no sense to me, but I am not a doctor. I hope to be able to see him soon, but I would much much rather visit when he is well. I think I am most afraid that he will not remember who I am, and I don't think I could stand that!!

Vacation is still going as planned. We will be making our final payment on Friday and I am super excited and ready for it. A whole week to relax and do absolutely nothing!! AND it will be the very first vacation that Hubby and I have taken alone.

In other news, Hubby has been sick all weekend. Just when you think he is better, he has another bout of sickness. He is having horrible sinus problems this year and its not fun. He is miserable. He is having to stay doped up on meds, and is drowsy most of the night when he is home. I sure hope he is better soon!!

Work is another issue that I would LOVE to rant about, but like I said earlier I will wait. I better keep my mouth closed and just be thankful that I still have the job for another 24 days.

4 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I have been wanting to see that movie. I will totally have to watch it now. Thanks!
Hope hubby feels better soon.
Have a great week.

Emily said...

Sounds like a great weekend!

To bad Tim is sick!

Pam said...

oh I hate when I have to take my ring off for something. It just feels so weird. I never take it off anyway. Not bad for getting that fixed though. I need to have mine checked out but the place I got it from is in GA. boo. I'm sure another shop would probably take a look though.

Tanya said...

Sounds like a busy few days. I love eating at my parents house too, there is no other place that uses so much love in the recipes, lol.