Friday, July 24, 2009

A Huge Summary

I am so sorry that I made you all an empty promise. I did say that I was going to tell all about life and work and I didn't. Now, you will have that much more to read.

My Unexpected Vacation
As you know, last week I got an unplanned week off. I did not complain and it did not hurt us financially because I had that week paid for in vacation time. I decided to take that time to go visit family and take a little vacation before jumping into the unknown. Tuesday mom and I left for South Carolina and spent the next few days. We came back on Friday afternoon. I got to visit my family and catch up with cousins I hadn't seen in a long time. When I go there I feel like a kid again being around them. It was so much fun. Another great thing about being there is the food... I love love love me some southern food! Duke's BBQ is the best and we did get to eat there. I had planned to go to the beach while I was there, but didn't make it. Oh well... in 24 days I will be headed to the Bahamas.

New Job
Monday I started the new job and its really stressful. I enjoy it and I really like the idea of having a job and not worrying about the layoff. I come home every day this week and crashed because my brain was on over drive. I have been dealing with the public again and that has been hard to get use to. I haven't had a job where I had to deal with anyone other than truck drivers since I was a lot younger. I will really have to be on my best behavior.

Its finally Friday and I plan to enjoy my weekend. My sister in law and her boyfriend are probably coming up later for dinner and we will probably do something. I am enjoying life right now and again I hope nobody rains on my parade!

5 comments:

He & Me + 3 said...

I hope that you have a sunny parade too. Good luck with your job on Monday. Enjoy your work!

Emily said...

Glad you enjoy you job. Hope it gets less stressful, but it will be until you get everything learned.

Sarah said...

Hey!! I have a new blog now. I need to add you but I don't have your email address. Can I have it so I can add you???

Samantha said...

I am glad you had a great time on vacation.. although I am upset you don't have to smell stinky truckdrivers anymore like I do!! LOL. That's how I found you on here!!

Emily said...

Where be your new updates missy????