Thursday, January 7, 2010

♥Snow!

Today, we finally got snow. Lots and lots of snow.

It didn't start snowing until late today so I didn't get to leave work any earlier than usual. Tomorrow however, I doubt I will be going to work on time if even at all. I would LOVE to take a snow day and do absolutely nothing.

My mom called me this morning on my way to work to let me know that she knew it was going to snow and that as soon as my tires hit my driveway this afternoon I better call her and let her know I made it home. Of course I did as I am told because she means business. Dad answered and in his typical Daddy way he let me know that me going to work tomorrow would be a big no no because all the water on the roads would freeze when the temps outside dropped as they were predicting. I told him that staying home would be fine with me. Do you think my boss would except a parents note??

2 comments:

Pam said...

It's pretty icy here. We had to park at the bottom of our hill in the neighborhood and walk up. It's a big hill and everyone was sliding going up. We just didn't think we'd make it and we don't have 4 wheel drive. Haven't decided if we'll go in tomorrow or not. I'd rather stay home but I'd also rather save my days for when it's nice outside.
Stay safe and warm!

Hilary said...

That's how my parents usually are! When I was in college, we had about 2 inches & my mom convinced a guy I was dating to WALK a movie back to Blockbuster (about a mile away), so that I wouldn't have to drive in the snow. But yesterday, (my mom is my boss, btw) she came into my office to let me know that even if it snowed & iced, we'd still have to be here this morning. And that she'd come pick me up if I needed her to. So much for a snow day!